Attention challengers of normal. We need curious people. The kind of people who know that ideas sometimes have to be wrestled to the ground and other times taken out for dinner. We need people to make ideas that move people. Is it fun? Yep. Is it hard work? Yep. We have good coffee. We will pay you. You will grow. Come on in, the water is fine.
Geometry Chicago is looking for a "Digital first" Creative Director, reporting directly to Head of Chicago Creative
A key member of the creative department and digital commerce leadership team. You bring best-in-class digital/mobile creative thinking, execution and ideas to Geometry clients.
You’re a natural collaborator who loves to teach others what you know - be they clients, creative peers or business leads. We don’t need you to write code; but we do need you to be a constant stream of innovative, digitally-centric ideas, that will get others excited to write the code. You’ll be adept at partnering with our creative teams to produce digitally competent ideas that win and grow business. You possess a proficient knowledge of ecommerce/digital platforms (e.g. Amazon, WebCollage, Salsify) and have a track record of
building best-in-digital creative solutions. You will lead creative development, concepts, strategy, and establish the direction of the overall creative being developed for various digital and ecommerce projects. Possessing a thirst for strong partnership and desire to help others “level-up” their digital creative knowledge and skills is an important aspect of this role. The proven ability to deliver Effie- and, potentially, even Cannes-worthy creative thinking is a given. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to roll up his/her sleeves to
immediately make an impact on the agency’s creative product. The Creative Director is the senior creative on client business at the office location and sets the long-term digital creative strategy within the office. S/He is a brand, consumer, digital, and communications expert; and, as such, a brilliant partner and consultant to our existing and future clients, as well as our own executives, and key strategic partners. You are a mentor, leader and key facilitator of the offices’ digital creative; leading change and growth masterfully. S/He stewards top creative across client teams/partners, sharing in the accountability of the office’s success. You carry a professional temperament and gravitas; are a passionate and magnetic presenter and a champion of people and agency initiatives.
• Ability to synthesize marketing and creative strategies with elegant design execution.
• Provide best practices for digital creative design, development and delivery.
• Evaluate assignments and help to identify areas of creative opportunity for all commercial
marketing and digital commerce projects.
• Collaborate with creative, strategy and client service leaders across our commercial
Marketing, Experiential and Digital Commerce Center teams on assignments and briefs
• Create award-worthy ideas and creative work in close collaboration with your account,
strategy and creative peers—often for real assignments and new business pitches,
occasionally, proactively, to help grow our business, reputation and competency.
• Lead project kick-off meetings with Senior Creative, Account, Strategy, and Project
Management team members.
• Provide a deeper understanding of digital creative best practices and what it takes to
develop digital/ecommerce creative ideas that follow the brief
• Answer any questions related to the design and the assignment
• Provide direction to the team on what each must complete within the time frame
• Manage all digital creative brainstorms in collaboration with creative, strategy and client
• Lead the team in idea generation based on your knowledge/experience creating best-inclass
trends; and leveraging your knowledge of new technology, and past design themes
• Identify the conceptual direction and deliver creative concepts
• Oversee the creation of designs based on the brand(s), the brand guidelines, the target
audience, and retailer channels where your ideas may live as Living Commerce™
• Provide feedback and direction to visual and verbal execution
• Review cross-functional work to ensure it is within the digital and ecommerce industry
standards and follows company procedures and protocol
• Guide team members in the understanding of what can make an idea into a great idea
• Evaluate/critique work at all stages; and oversee the creation of presentation boards/decks
• Lead and consult on digital work crafted by the creative team; inclusive of eCommerce
• Present work/others’ work with a clear understanding of the assignment and the strategy
• Provide clear concise feedback to the team that is actionable; and follow-up with the team if
there are any questions or concerns
• Responsible for presenting and selling the work to senior clients
The ideal candidate is deeply immersed in commercial insights with deep digital marketing experiences. This hands-on leader is a classical digital creative with agency, client-side and retail experiences. S/He is a strategic with a proven track record of engaging the client and leading large multi-discipline teams at the speed of digital commerce.
• Ongoing maturity. Puts the team first over their own agenda. Treats others with respect and shows an interest in others’ needs. Truly, actively listens to others. Communicates clearly what is expected from everyone. Wins active support and commitment from others. Encourages the open, honest and respectful exchange of
information and viewpoints. Promotes inclusion at all levels and across disciplines.
• Partners with the Chicago Talent Management Team to develop and operationalize world-class procedures for recruiting, retaining, and growing top talent. Endeavors to increase employee satisfaction and retention. Rewards high performance; and takes steps to eliminate “under-performance”. Provides feedback and coaching of direct reports and other interested parties. Creates and utilizes realistic succession plans and pursues on-going self-development.
• Develop deep understanding of our clients’ businesses. Develop expertise in our clients’ industries in order to understand the trends that may impact them in the future. Demonstrate a strong desire to help clients make their business successful.
• Sets high standards of performance for him/herself and others. Puts in extra effort to accomplish goals. Fosters a sense of urgency in others for achieving goals. Creates an environment that motivates others to put forth significant effort to achieve results. Delegates responsibility; conveys clear expectations; and monitors the progress of others. Holds themselves and their people accountable for achieving their goals.
• 5-10 years of experience in digital Art Direction or Copywriting
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with digital marketing, social media and digital commerce
• Expert knowledge of: Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
• Knowledge and experience with rich media, and digital advertising creation
• Knowledge of photo processes and production – from studio to location, lifestyle to PDP
• Passion for knowledge transfer and educating agency teams and client partners
• Proven excellence in client (and internal) communication and presentations
• Ability to connect/communicate with specialists both within and beyond the creative team
• Ability to work directly with multiple clients and respond to comments, suggestions and
criticisms in a matter that is constructive, yet maintains the integrity of the creative idea.
• Ability to manage team members across projects and provide effective mentorship.
• Effectively manage timelines and deliverables for multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to prioritize and drive work utilizing exceptional problem solving, time management
and organizational skills.
• Uncompromising attention to detail with high-quality standards for creative excellence.
• Ability to learn quickly/think strategically + identify areas of improvement and act on them.
• Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment with many simultaneous projects.
• Motivator and builder of talent, driving high level engagement throughout the organization -
growing leaders strategically, purposefully and magnetically
• Gravitas to lead a large group of smart, motivated people
• Proven track record of earning respect at the client, and with your teams
• Heartfelt listener; and a thoughtful, strategic thinker
• Thinks globally, acts locally
• Commercial focus and entrepreneurial drive
• Grounded with experience coordinating in a multi-agency (WPP) engagement
• Focused on CPG brand development with experience across retail channels
• Ability to develop “best in class” practices
• Ability to connect brand needs, shopper insights, retailer opportunities and solutions